Friday 13 February 2015

I finished my work experience in Palmerstown Veterinary Hosptial this week. I had a great 6 weeks there, I've done so much stuff that I never thought I would do. Stuff like assisting in surgery and helping give the dogs their injections.

My favourite part of this expeience was helping the dogs who had to be sent to a rescue centre. One dog in particular was a staff cross called Brownie. His owner wanted to have him put down because he was too expensive to have with his skin condition. The vets happily took the dog in and cared for him for the week until a shelter could take him.

It was sad seeing a dog who had been abandoned like that but I happily took him for walks and fed him that day when he needed it.

I will miss working at the vet I had a great experience there.


No comments:

Post a Comment